We, at Virginia Ice Theatre, understand some parents and skaters reluctance to join a “team” sport in these uncertain times. We would like to assure everyone that we will be as COVID safe as possible, to include social distancing, wearing a mask on the ice, and wearing gloves.
We have also eliminated the audition fee for ALL potential team members. We would like for anyone who is unsure of our commitment to safety, to come out Oct 11th, 18th, and 25th at your appropriate time and see how we will run the teams. Of course, if you see something that we could do better, please let us know, so we can continue to improve. As part of our audition process, we ask that you have an updated USFS membership with SCNV and register (click here) BEFORE arriving at Prince William Ice Center (PWIC).
Meanwhile, please carefully read the following information before filling out the registration form.
Open Auditions are October 11th, 18th and 25th, 2020 with the following timetable each Sunday (note: MITF is USFS Moves In The Field rating):
- Skaters 9 years old and under, with up to Pre-Preliminary MITF level
- 5:15 to 5:30 PM: Check-in
- 5:30 to 6:15 PM: Off-Ice meeting (outside weather permitting)
- 6:30 to 7:30 PM: Team audition
- Skaters 10 years old and under 18 years old, with Pre-Preliminary up to Pre-Juvenile MITF level
- 6:15 to 6:30 PM: Check-in
- 6:30 to 7:15 PM: Off-Ice meeting (outside weather permitting)
- 7:30 to 8:30 PM: Team audition
- Skaters over 18 years old, with Juvenile MITF level or higher
- 7:15 to 7:30 PM: Check-in
- 7:30 to 8:15 PM: Off-Ice meeting (outside weather permitting)
- 8:30 to 9:30 PM: Team audition
Please note that auditions for Special Olympic skaters are planned for January of 2021, with open ice time to occur before then. Questions? Please contact Coach Olga directly at email@example.com.
PWIC requires daily temperature checks and contact tracing/medical survey. For the upcoming Audition application, please refer to the separate: 2020-2021 VIT Registration form (click here).